Meifongpolitan

Friday 15 August 2008

Chinatown in Edinburgh

Some of you will know that my sister recently moved and it was a horrendous experience for her and her flatmates! It's always amazing how much junk one accumulates within a few months of staying in a new place. Maybe you're the rare sensible person that doesn't though. If so, I take off my hat to you.

I visited my sister for the first time in her new flat two weekends ago. My sister was glad to see me mainly because I could remove items which belonged to me, thus cutting down on the clutter in her room! She told me that for dinner she, Ivy and Jacintha were going to go to Chinatown. I was like '' What? Edinburgh where got Chinatown?'' There are Chinatowns in London, Glasgow, Manchester etc, but not Edinburgh.

But I was mistaken. Indeed there was a Chinatown and it was only a few blocks away from where my sister lived. It was actually a Chinese restaurant as you might have guessed already. Since I rarely frequented that part of town, it was new to me. But apparently it was in the List, which is the guide to eating and drinking in Edinburgh. So it must be good, I thought.

Expectations high, we sat down and this is what we had:

Prawn crackers to start.


Steamed white fish fillets



Salt and pepper calamari - my favourite dish usually, but this was not as good as I'd hoped.


Tofu with mixed vegetables, which was not bad

I hope my sister and her flatmates manage to sort out their flat soon, and with it their stress levels! For clutter builds stress, right :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4 September 2008 at 04:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

    i din think it was AS bad as u said it was!!the fish was very good i thought and the fried rice too...but i agree the calamari had room for improvement(loads of it!!) maybe the portions cud hv been better but i wud go to some other restaurants la nx time i think

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home