Meifongpolitan

Friday 11 July 2008

Independence day, not

What comes to your mind when the 4th of July rolls around? Independence Day in the US accompanied by fireworks, I'm sure. But that's not what I'm talking about. The 4th of July is more than that to one of my friends in particular. It is none other than the day she was born!

So, to mark that day, those of us who could make it decided to meet for a meal at Iglu on Jamaica St in Edinburgh. Karen's choice. In fact, I wasn't even sure what we would be doing until I finished work on the day and got her text. HS kindly gave me a lift to Edinburgh and we found the place with the help of Googlemap on my trusty Tocco! :P

View from our table


HS and Karen


Me and Lai Ling


Karen and I


Jill and HS


Fishcakes with a high fish: potato ratio


Selection of Scottish meats


Purplelicous blueberry cheescake baked by....Peckhams!


Cake-cutting , but the cake was pre-cut!


All pics above taken with the Tocco camera btw. I forgot to take pics of the mains, sorry. The food was great however, trust me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home