Meifongpolitan

Tuesday 20 May 2008

The perils of working in a Scottish hospital

Bear in mind dear readers, that the list below is not exhaustive:

1. Diarrhoea
2. Vomiting
3. Diarrhoea and vomiting
4. Needlestick injury
5. Cheese scone addiction

I have had for some time now, number 5. Some people cannot even imagine cheese scones (see pic below) being a valid food item. I can assure you they are very much so. Spread some butter on one, and it melts in your mouth. I, on the other hand, do not understand the popularity of fruit scones.

Well, I have to admit I succumbed to number 3 yesterday. One of the wards in my hospital had been closed for diarrhoea and vomiting. Now before you start shaking your heads, I did wash my hands after visiting that ward!! Unfortunately, the bug must have been incredibly robust for I began experiencing abdominal pangs on Sunday and on Monday could not move from my bed for all the peristaltic movements that were going on in my gut. My friend texted me later on to inform me that another ward had to be closed down that day. Needless to say, I could not go into work. But the upside of this was that I got today and tomorrow off!! Occupational health decrees that I cannae go into work for 48 hours after my last symptom has passed.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home