Meifongpolitan

Monday 30 June 2008

Monday blues

You have been warned - this is a moaney entry!

This week I finally parted with team Respiratory which I'd been with for 3 months and joined Cardio. For 4 days! I'm slightly regretting switching already. It's always an ominous sign when the ward round lasts beyond noon. Today's finished at 3.30pm. We must have seen about 30 people. Oh well, it's only for 4 days, and then I go onto nights.

The upside of nights is that I generally get a week off afterwards. The downside is I never manage to get leave at the same time as my friends. What's the point of getting leave if there's no one to go away with? Or not knowing until a few weeks in advance at the earliest? This job kinda sucks that way. My ex-flatmate has been trying to get leave in September so that she can be a bridesmaid at her best friend's wedding. She still has no clue if she'll be able to get leave or not. An FY2 at my hospital had wanted to get married in January, but was unable to obtain leave for this. Can you believe it!!

My new landlady in Glasgow called today. Apparently the flat should be ready for moving into sometime this week. If you don't know already, we decided to go with the flat that we'd reserved earlier. I'm looking forward to it! My little pink room in Falkirk will be missed, however. It's been my little place to come home to for the last year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home