Meifongpolitan

Monday 20 July 2009

Moving

I said goodbye today to the cosy flat that I had called home for the past year. It had had its fair share of problems including:

a perpetually blocked loo (luckily the other one worked),
a mouldy ceiling for about 6 weeks when there was a leak from the flat above,
another leak which ruined some of my shoe boxes (fortunately the shoes stayed dry)
a couple of months when the boiler just would not give out hot water,
and the temperamental broadband

However, it was still home and I will miss:

sinking into the cushy sofa when I come home home from work,
the strong shower jet ( my current one is more like a stream),
the amazing king-sized bed which never gave me any back problems (All my uni accommodation beds have caused me grief),
the residential parking (parking was spacious there whereas my current one requires some degree of manouvering skills -which I lack- in order to fit into a tiny rectangle and not reverse into a column at the same time),
looking out of the window at passers by ( it's a ground floor flat, so quite good for people watching),
and the quietness of the area (my current flat is near two major hospitals, which makes for a lot of ambulance sirens)

Perhaps one thing I should have done before leaving is to try out the jacuzzi in the bath at least once! Baths are just not my thing, though. Showering is much cleaner and quicker.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home