Meifongpolitan

Monday 12 January 2009

Sushiya

This is my favourite Japanese restaurant in Scotland. It's a tiny restaurant on Dalry Road, off Haymarket in Edinburgh which could maybe fit 20 people if stretched.I do not doubt that it is probably owned by Chinese as opposed to genuine Japanese but the food tastes great!

I've tried several Japanese places in Glasgow, each grander and bigger than wee Sushiya but I would miss the latter as soon as I tasted my order. I've only tasted better sushi/sashimi in New York.

An university junior had recently returned to Edinburgh following an extended holiday in Malaysia (envy envy). It was great to see her again after 6 months, curls notwithstanding.
Btw, I stole these pictures from her camera :)

The 'can't wait to eat, what's with the camera shots' looks

yumm.. on the left is dragon roll with king prawn on the inside, and topped with avocado and crab roe! On the right is my favourite dish - the soft shell crab roll with soft shell crab on the inside and crab roe topping.

I still remember a friend (you know who you are) coming to eat at Sushiya and telling us about the cruelty that crabs were subjected to in order to obtain the soft shelled specimens. Following a rather lengthy explanation, she then proceeded to order soft shell crab. My jaw did not hit the floor, but it was close!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home